ABOUT OUR FISHING CHARTERS
Far North Fishing Charters is owned and operated by Colin Corbett & Mary Prestidge and based at Whatuwhiwhi on the Karikari Peninsula in the Far North of New Zealand.
Enjoy fine inshore fishing around Karikari Peninsula, Karikari islands, Doubtless Bay, Rangiputa, Rangaunu Bay, Houhora and North Cape - as featured on numerous TV Fishing programs.
We specialise in Snapper fishing, mainly with softbaits but bottom fishing as well, and hope to see you soon.
Our boat, "A SALT WEAPON", is a 7.5m Senator hardtop pontoon with high sides. This boat is very safe and stable. It is powered by a four-stroke 250hp Yamaha outboard.
"A SALT WEAPON" has all the safety equipment, and more, and has a toilet in the enclosed forward cabin. It is surveyed for eight passengers but we will only fish six unless all eight passengers are from the same party.
Charters normally operate for the summer season from November to April. Sorry we are closed over the winter season from May to October.
Our Charters are normally four or eight hours but if your requirements differ please contact us to discuss.
All fishing gear is supplied (on the basis of pay if lost or broken) and tuition is always given if required.
Bait: Softbait, 1 x Burley Bomb, Pilchards and Squid are supplied.
- Four hours shared fishing charter off Whatuwhiwhi (Perehipe Bay) or
- From $125.00 per person.
- Note: If only 1 or 2 booked, a Minimum Boat rate of $450.00 applies.
- Can also pick up from Kaimaumau.
- Four hours exclusive or sole charter:
- 1 - 3 people $600.00.
- 4 - 6 people $700.00.
- Eight hours off Whatuwhiwhi (Perehipe Bay) or Rangiputa: From $1,000.00 per trip.
- Day trip - launch at Whatuwhiwhi (Perehipe Bay) return via Rangiputa or vice versa. Take in the whole of Cape Karikari and surrounding islands. Very scenic trip with different types of fishing: from $1000.00.
- Day trip - North Cape, excellent fishing with catches of Snapper, Trevally and Tarakihi being the norm. Very scenic and isolated waters: from $1200.00.
- Note: Maximum of 6 people on full-day trips.
Payment is in Cash on the day of trip or by Direct Deposit to our bank account the day prior to the trip. Sorry we don't have Eftpos or Credit Card facilities. Prices subject to change - please contact us to confirm prices.
Sightseeing trips are also available - dolphins, islands, sea life, bird life, and photography.
Check out our Useful Links page for accommodation options.
Contact us now to make your booking.